Strange URL for web project

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jami Bradley, Jul 21, 2004.

  1. Jami Bradley

    Jami Bradley Guest

    Hi all,

    We have several web service projects within a single solution. Occasionally something will change
    and one of the projects won't load. I've spent a few days tracking this down and the reason it
    doesn't load is the URL is changing.

    We have a IIS virtual directory pointing back to our code (we don't keep the code in inetpub/...!)
    and the project folder is one of the following:
    http://localhost/VirtualDir/xxx
    http://localhost:/VirtualDir/xxx (note the colon without a port number)

    Now, the problem is that some users can't load it without the colon, and some users can't load it
    with the colon.

    Does anyone have an idea what might be triggering this and why it is a problem?

    TIA,

    Jami

    Jami Bradley, Jul 21, 2004