    ------------------------------------
    Gernot Frisch
    http://www.glbasic.com
    Gernot Frisch, Feb 18, 2008

  2. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Gernot Frisch" <>
    writing in news::

    > Hi,
    >
    > with this site:
    > http://www.glbasic.com/main.php?site=news
    >
    > I always get:
    >
    > Line 165, character 92:
    > ... GLBasic.com/main.php?lang=en&site=order#free"><br>FREE for s ...
    >
    > Somehow it doesn't like the "&". But... why? And what should I do?
    > I replaced it with &amp; but then firefox will not recognize the link
    > properly.

    Please provide a page with the &amp; in the link. Firefox, or any other
    browser, should not have any problems with
    name=value&amp;name=value&amp;=value

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 18, 2008

  3. Gernot Frisch wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > with this site:
    > http://www.glbasic.com/main.php?site=news
    >

    > I always get:
    >
    > Line 165, character 92:
    > ... GLBasic.com/main.php?lang=en&site=order#free"><br>FREE for s ...
    >

    > Somehow it doesn't like the "&". But... why? And what should I do?
    > I replaced it with &amp; but then firefox will not recognize the link
    > properly.

    Is correct and Firefox has no problem

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 18, 2008
  4. Gernot Frisch

    Guest

    On Feb 18, 3:33 pm, "Gernot Frisch" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > with this site:http://www.glbasic.com/main.php?site=news
    >
    > I always get:
    >
    > Line 165, character 92:
    > ... GLBasic.com/main.php?lang=en&site=order#free"><br>FREE for s ...
    >
    > Somehow it doesn't like the "&". But... why? And what should I do?
    > I replaced it with &amp; but then firefox will not recognize the link
    > properly.

    If you mean that you got that error as an HTML mark-up error
    it is because you need to escape the ampersand character
    & within URLs in <a> tags as &amp;
    not to be a confusion with the start of an entity reference, see
    http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/problems.html#amp

    I do not understand why, when you escaped the ampersand,
    the link did not work in your browser.
    Did you try to change to an XHTML doctype?

    What do you get when you click on the link
    with the escaped ampersand?
    , Feb 18, 2008
  5. Gernot Frisch

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:33:53 GMT
    Gernot Frisch scribed:

    > Hi,
    >
    > with this site:
    > http://www.glbasic.com/main.php?site=news
    >

    > I always get:
    >
    > Line 165, character 92:
    > ... GLBasic.com/main.php?lang=en&site=order#free"><br>FREE for s ...
    >

    > Somehow it doesn't like the "&". But... why? And what should I do?
    > I replaced it with &amp; but then firefox will not recognize the link
    > properly.

    I use &amp; in links in Firefox all the time with no problem. Can you
    demonstrate with a url?

    --
    Neredbojias
    Riches are their own reward.
    Neredbojias, Feb 18, 2008

  6. >> Somehow it doesn't like the "&". But... why? And what should I do?
    >> I replaced it with &amp; but then firefox will not recognize the link
    >> properly.

    > I use &amp; in links in Firefox all the time with no problem. Can you
    > demonstrate with a url?

    Oh dear! I replaced the text also in the description I guess. Now it seems
    to work perfectly. Thank you!
    Gernot Frisch, Feb 19, 2008
  7. Gernot Frisch

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:29:10
    GMT Gernot Frisch scribed:

    >>> Somehow it doesn't like the "&". But... why? And what should I do?
    >>> I replaced it with &amp; but then firefox will not recognize the
    >>> link properly.

    >> I use &amp; in links in Firefox all the time with no problem. Can
    >> you demonstrate with a url?

    > Oh dear! I replaced the text also in the description I guess. Now it
    > seems to work perfectly. Thank you!

    We all make boo boos, -everyone. Don't sweat it.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Riches are their own reward.
    Neredbojias, Feb 19, 2008