String and quotation marks

M. Clift

Hi All,

I'm displaying some static text in wx.python. All is ok if I write the text
as so;

self.label_1 = wx.StaticText(self, -1, " categggirlcow")

However I have the names as a string without quotes

names = ['cat','egg','girl','cow']

# flatten names

for i in names:
h = map(None, ab)

l1 = []
for i in h:
for j in list(i):
l1.append(j)
x = "".join(l1)

print x,
# - gives of course cat egg girl cow

printnames = " \"x\"" # -- I've tried this, but it doesn't work

self.label_1 = wx.StaticText(self, -1, printnames)

Could someone show me how to get some quotes around the string so I can use
it for the static text?

Thanks,

Malcolm

Larry Bates

M. Clift said:
Hi All,

I'm displaying some static text in wx.python. All is ok if I write the text
as so;

self.label_1 = wx.StaticText(self, -1, " categggirlcow")

However I have the names as a string without quotes

names = ['cat','egg','girl','cow']

names is a list of strings so you just need to join
them together and if your example is correct prepend
a single space.

self.label_1=wxStaticText(self, -1, " "+"".join(names))

This would produce exactly the same string as
" categggirlcow" that you pass in as a literal.

Larry Bates