string tokenizer.

Java Guy

This must be a classical topic -- C++ stgring tokenizer.
I just switched from C to C++ ( in Unix ). It turns out that there is no
existing C++ string tokenizer. Searching on the Web, I found several and
tried one or two of them. Not very satisfied.
Any suggestions? Thx!

Victor Bazarov

Java Guy said:
This must be a classical topic -- C++ stgring tokenizer.
I just switched from C to C++ ( in Unix ). It turns out that there is no
existing C++ string tokenizer. Searching on the Web, I found several and
tried one or two of them. Not very satisfied.
Any suggestions? Thx!

Found some. Not satisfied. Suggestions? Find more and see if
you like any. Or roll out your own. Somehow I have a sneaky
suspicion that I'm not saying anything new here...

Chris Theis

Java Guy said:
This must be a classical topic -- C++ stgring tokenizer.
I just switched from C to C++ ( in Unix ). It turns out that there is no
existing C++ string tokenizer.

This is simply not true - I've got one right in front of me, but it's my own
implementation. What actually is true is that there is none supplied by the
standard C++ implementation.
Searching on the Web, I found several and
tried one or two of them. Not very satisfied.
Any suggestions? Thx!

Yes, tell us what bothered you with them and - even better - fix them to
suit your needs or kick off your own.

Cheers
Chris

BTW.: You do know that you can use the C standard-lib functions, so it is
possible to use strtok() although there are some issues with it that should
be considered with care.