[struts] nested formbeans

Discussion in 'Java' started by Tobias Schierge, Jun 28, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    i have a bean that consists of nested HashMaps which i want to edit using a
    html-form.

    I can fill the formfields correctly e.g.

    ...displays a pre-filled value when i have

    {aaa={bbb={ccc=value}}}

    But the value that is entered by the user is never passed back into the
    bean.

    Or can a nested bean not be edited like this?

    I know that i can do..

    ...but this works only for one-level-nested beans, e.g. a DynaActionform
    containing a HashMap. I need to edit multi-level-nested beans.

    I already had a look at struts-nested taglib but that does not seem to help,
    as far as i understand its more for convenience and simplification.

    Thanks for your Help. Regards,

    Tobias

    Tobias Schierge, Jun 28, 2004