struts plug-in for struts-menu causing action not to preload

Discussion in 'Java' started by dawnsk1@yahoo.com, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm hoping that this is the correct forum and someone can help me out
    with a problem that has been driving me nutty lately. I'm working
    with struts-menu-2.3 and I'm seeing an exception every time I include
    the plug-in definition in my struts-config.xml.

    Per the struts-menu website, I have included these lines in my
    struts-config:
    <plug-in className="net.sf.navigator.menu.MenuPlugIn">
    <set-property property="menuConfig"
    value="/WEB-INF/menu-config.xml"/>
    </plug-in>

    When I bring up my application server, I see an exception when this
    plug-in is trying to be referenced:
    [java] <Feb 14, 2005 9:23:47 AM EST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101216>
    <Servlet: "action" failed to preload on startup in Web application:
    "cst".
    [java] javax.servlet.ServletException:
    org/apache/struts/action/PlugIn
    [java] at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:909)
    [java] at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStubImpl.java:873)
    [java] at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:812)
    [java] at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3281)
    [java] at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebAppServletContext.java:3226)
    [java] at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppServletContext.java:3207)
    [java] at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.setStarted(WebAppServletContext.java:5737)
    [java] at
    weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.start(WebAppModule.java:874)
    [java] at
    weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.start(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:2106)
    [java] at
    weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:2147)
    [java] at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ComponentActivateTask.activateContainer(SlaveDeployer.java:2434)
    [java] at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.doCommit(SlaveDeployer.java:2352)
    [java] at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.commit(SlaveDeployer.java:2136)
    [java] at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.checkAutoCommit(SlaveDeployer.java:2235)
    [java] at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.prepare(SlaveDeployer.java:2130)
    [java] at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.prepare(SlaveDeployer.java:2315)
    [java] at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.processPrepareTask(SlaveDeployer.java:866)
    [java] at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareDelta(SlaveDeployer.java:594)
    [java] at
    weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareUpdate(SlaveDeployer.java:508)
    [java] at
    weblogic.drs.internal.SlaveCallbackHandler$1.execute(SlaveCallbackHandler.java:25)
    [java] at
    weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:219)
    [java] at
    weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)

    My environment is struts-1.2.4 and weblogic-8.1-sp2.

    I'm at my wits end trying to figure out why this is happening. At
    one time I thought that the jar I downloaded was corrupt, but I have
    tried multiple mirrors, versions, and packagings (war and jar) and
    still see the same exception.

    If anyone has any suggestions at all, regardless if you might think it
    is only a minor suggestion, I would greatly greatly greatly appreciate
    hearing from you. :)

    Thank you all very much,
    -Dawn

    , Feb 14, 2005