    production server and the test box and they are the same, so I then compared
    the folder(s) from prod to test and they to are the same, so what would cause
    this page to fail in production but work locally and on the test server?
    CsharpGuy, Feb 22, 2006

  2. CsharpGuy wrote:
    > I have an asp page that has drop downs and a list box which is
    > populated via a database. Now, I can run this page and have it work
    > on my local pc and my test web server, BUT when I migrate it out to
    > the production web server the drop downs and list boxes are not being
    > populated. I have other pages connecting to the database and working
    > fine on the prod server, its just this one page that is not working
    > correctly. I did a compare of the file from the production server and
    > the test box and they are the same, so I then compared the folder(s)
    > from prod to test and they to are the same, so what would cause this
    > page to fail in production but work locally and on the test server?

    :)
    I don't know how you'd expect us to know without any details: error
    messages, code, etc.

    One question I have, based on your screen name: is this really an aspx page?
    If so, you're in the wrong place:
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 22, 2006

  3. CsharpGuy

    CsharpGuy Guest

    Its an ASP page, I'm working on a .net version and an ASP version while the
    migration to .NET is happening, but this is an ASP version of the page

    CsharpGuy, Feb 22, 2006
  4. OK ... so more details?Error messages? Perhaps a bit of code we could run to
    try and reproduce the problem?

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 22, 2006