stumped??

CsharpGuy

I have an asp page that has drop downs and a list box which is populated via
a database. Now, I can run this page and have it work on my local pc and my
test web server, BUT when I migrate it out to the production web server the
drop downs and list boxes are not being populated. I have other pages
connecting to the database and working fine on the prod server, its just this
one page that is not working correctly. I did a compare of the file from the
production server and the test box and they are the same, so I then compared
the folder(s) from prod to test and they to are the same, so what would cause
this page to fail in production but work locally and on the test server?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

CsharpGuy said:
I have an asp page that has drop downs and a list box which is
populated via a database. Now, I can run this page and have it work
on my local pc and my test web server, BUT when I migrate it out to
the production web server the drop downs and list boxes are not being
populated. I have other pages connecting to the database and working
fine on the prod server, its just this one page that is not working
correctly. I did a compare of the file from the production server and
the test box and they are the same, so I then compared the folder(s)
from prod to test and they to are the same, so what would cause this
page to fail in production but work locally and on the test server?
:)
I don't know how you'd expect us to know without any details: error
messages, code, etc.

One question I have, based on your screen name: is this really an aspx page?
If so, you're in the wrong place:

CsharpGuy

Its an ASP page, I'm working on a .net version and an ASP version while the
migration to .NET is happening, but this is an ASP version of the page

Bob Barrows [MVP]

OK ... so more details?Error messages? Perhaps a bit of code we could run to
try and reproduce the problem?