style for tags

Dave Saville

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 16:05:19 +0100, Steve Pugh wrote:

It's not depreciated. It's deprecated. They mean very different
things.

I must learn to read whats there and not what I *think* is there :) I
read one and typed the other.
Check any good CSS tutorial to learn about classes.

Never had anything to do with CSS yet - classes sounds just the job for
all sorts of things.

Thank you for the pointer.

Regards

Dave Saville

NB switch saville for nospam in address

Tony Cooper

Are you saying that you will never, ever make a full web page?

I doubt it. I post ads to eBay since I'm clearing out the closets and
thinning out the possessions acquired in 60 some years. I put up
pages of photographs to share with relatives, and expect to do that
more with the first grandchild expected any day. I usually use a
table to include images and some text, but what I put up in this area
is just a temporary way to share for a limited number of relatives via
a link in email.

I can't conceive of a reason to do a full web page. I don't need one
for the business I own, and I don't have any causes that would be of
interest to the world in general.

But, thank you for your reply. There's some helpful information
there.
You seem to be suffering some confusion about what an element is and
what and attribute is.

HTML is composed of elements. These are marked up with start and end
tags thus:
<element>...</element>

Most elements have a number of attributes that are added to the start
tag of the element. These take the form of attribute="value"

The full element is start tag (plus attributes), content, end tag.
Always think of your HTML in terms of elements.

A good explanation.