Stylesheet takes effect at end

Discussion in 'HTML' started by MJones, Jan 21, 2005.

  1. MJones

    MJones Guest

    Hi,

    I'm a new html programmer and I'm having a problem with the screen
    write order. My menu format classes from my stylesheet are not taking
    place until after all the pictures are displayed so it looks stupid to
    see the wrong format to start with. The page is
    www.rntechnology.ca/products.htm. It's the lines with '<div
    class="mjbordertext">' and '<a href="./index.htm" class="menu">'.
    Even my other pages with hardly anything on them yet look bad, but
    this one is worse because of all the pictures.

    If you look at the page you will see what I mean about the delay.

    I need these classes because the menu links and the email link (from
    the home page) are opposite colours.

    I would really appeciate your comments.

    Thanks,

    Michele

    P.S. - There is no delay using Firefox browser, only IE, haven't tried
    NS.

    MJones, Jan 21, 2005

  2. MJones

    Steve Pugh Guest

    (MJones) wrote:

    >I'm a new html programmer

    Before you become an old one you should realise that HTML is _not_
    programming.

    >and I'm having a problem with the screen
    >write order. My menu format classes from my stylesheet are not taking
    >place until after all the pictures are displayed so it looks stupid to
    >see the wrong format to start with. The page is
    >www.rntechnology.ca/products.htm. It's the lines with '<div
    >class="mjbordertext">' and '<a href="./index.htm" class="menu">'.
    >Even my other pages with hardly anything on them yet look bad, but
    >this one is worse because of all the pictures.
    >
    >If you look at the page you will see what I mean about the delay.

    I don't - Your CSS file is returning a 404.

    >P.S. - There is no delay using Firefox browser, only IE, haven't tried
    >NS.

    It's called FOUC (Flash of Unstyled Content) and is a problem with
    usinhg @import and IE. A discussion and some advice can be found at
    http://www.bluerobot.com/web/css/fouc.asp

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Jan 21, 2005

  3. MJones

    Guest

    Hi Steve,

    The link you sent me to solved the problem. Thanks!

    I don't know why you get the 404 though, I don't and I've tried three
    different computers using IE and Foxfire. Hum.

    Take care,

    Michele

    , Jan 21, 2005
  4. MJones

    Steve Pugh Guest

    wrote:

    >I don't know why you get the 404 though, I don't and I've tried three
    >different computers using IE and Foxfire. Hum.

    From here with IE, FF and Opera the CSS is a 404 and only six of the
    images load.

    Steve Pugh, Jan 21, 2005
  5. MJones

    Guest

    Hi Steve,

    Oh dam, I originally gave you the wrong link. Really sorry!

    I had the site in a test directory and just finished and moved
    everything over 5 minutes ago. Probably why you only got six pictures.

    It should work now.....I hope, from www.rntechnology.ca

    You must think I'm crazy, but I'm really just hungry. Sometimes I get
    glued to a problem and can't break away.

    Much appreciation!

    Michele

    , Jan 21, 2005
  6. In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi Steve,
    >
    > Oh dam, I originally gave you the wrong link. Really sorry!
    >
    > I had the site in a test directory and just finished and moved
    > everything over 5 minutes ago. Probably why you only got six pictures.
    >
    > It should work now.....I hope, from www.rntechnology.ca
    >
    > You must think I'm crazy, but I'm really just hungry. Sometimes I get
    > glued to a problem and can't break away.
    >
    > Much appreciation!

    Are you replying to something? If you are, how about quoting?

    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 21, 2005