submit button versus regular button

Matt

I want to understand the difference between submit button and regular
button: <input type="submit"> and <input type="button">. My understanding is
that submit button will send the entire HTML form to the web server, but
regular button won't.

I have a problem that needs to pass HTML elements data back and forth in
several ASP pages. I am using regular button to do that. But what's the
approaches??

Please advise. Thanks!

Manohar Kamath [MVP]

You are correct -- the submit button posts the form data to the other page,
while the button control merely displays a clickable button. The purpose of
a button control is for developers to be able to invoke methods on the page
without actually leaving it.

If you want the page interact with others, the submit button is easy and
probably better way to go.