submit form data in multiple buttons on a form

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Matt, Jun 26, 2004.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    The problem is I have 3 buttons that need to submit the form to different
    URL.
    My approach is to declare <input type="submit"> rather than <input
    type="button">.
    And put the following in the JavaScript:
    InputForm.action="URL LOCATION"
    InputForm.method="POST";

    I think we don't need InputForm.submit(); because <input type="submit">.

    Please advise and comment my approaches. Thanks!!

    <head>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function onClickURL1()
    { InputForm.action="url1.asp"
    InputForm.method="POST";
    //InputForm.submit(); //NOT NECESSARY!! because of input type="submit"??
    }
    function onClickURL2()
    { InputForm.action="url2.asp"
    InputForm.method="POST";
    //InputForm.submit(); //NOT NECESSARY!! because of input type="submit"??
    }
    function onClickURL3()
    { InputForm.action="url3.asp"
    InputForm.method="POST";
    //InputForm.submit(); //NOT NECESSARY!! because of input type="submit"??
    }
    </script>
    </head>
    <form name="InputForm">
    <P><input type="text" name="username">
    <P><INPUT type="submit" value="submit form data to URL1" name="action1"
    onclick="onClickURL1()">
    <P><INPUT type="submit" value="submit form data to URL2" name="action2"
    onclick="onClickURL2()">
    <P><INPUT type="submit" value="submit form data to URL3" name="action3"
    onclick="onClickURL3()">
    </form>
    Matt, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Matt

    Evertjan. Guest

    Matt wrote on 26 jun 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > The problem is I have 3 buttons that need to submit the form to different
    > URL.

    This is an ASP serverside NG,

    Please ask a clientside NG.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jun 26, 2004

  3. Matt wrote:
    > The problem is I have 3 buttons that need to submit the form to
    > different URL.
    > My approach is to declare <input type="submit"> rather than <input
    > type="button">.
    > And put the following in the JavaScript:
    > InputForm.action="URL LOCATION"
    > InputForm.method="POST";

    Again, I don't understand what your problem is.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"