Submit MSIE and CSS

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Geradeaus, Nov 23, 2005.

  1. Geradeaus

    Geradeaus Guest

    Hello,

    I have a submit button with the following class on it :

    ..submitLogin {
    font-family : Tahoma;
    font-size : 11px;
    border: 1px solid #114a7f;
    background-image: url(../img/submitBg.gif);
    height:21px;
    padding:3px;
    color: White;

    }

    The problem is, MSIE always shows a white border around it
    ( http://www.multimedium.be/ben/submitLogin.jpg ). The problem doesn't
    occur in Firefox, anybody an idea how i can make the submit button how
    it should be ( http://www.multimedium.be/ben/submitLogin2.jpg )?

    Thanks in advance!
    Geradeaus, Nov 23, 2005

  2. Geradeaus

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Geradeaus wrote:

    > The problem is, MSIE always shows a white border around it
    > ( http://www.multimedium.be/ben/submitLogin.jpg ). The problem doesn't
    > occur in Firefox, anybody an idea how i can make the submit button how
    > it should be ( http://www.multimedium.be/ben/submitLogin2.jpg )?

    Does it really matter? The button looks quite nice in each browser, and
    (except for you) no-one's going to compare them side-by-side to play "spot
    the difference".

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Nov 24, 2005