    the code. I just change the code, and run in the browser. I always experienced HTTP
    Status 500 Error. any suggestions to help me debug the JSP pages easier?

    Please advise. Thanks!!
    Matt, Jun 17, 2004

  2. Matt

    KC Wong Guest

    > I am using tomcat to run JSP pages. The problem is I have a hard time to
    trace
    > the code. I just change the code, and run in the browser. I always

    experienced HTTP
    > Status 500 Error. any suggestions to help me debug the JSP pages easier?
    >
    > Please advise. Thanks!!

    Read Tomcat server log files for the exception message and stack trace. Add
    your own debug messages.
    KC Wong, Jun 17, 2004

  3. Matt

    Andy Fish Guest

    "Matt" <> wrote in message
    > I am using tomcat to run JSP pages. The problem is I have a hard time to

    trace
    > the code. I just change the code, and run in the browser. I always

    experienced HTTP
    > Status 500 Error. any suggestions to help me debug the JSP pages easier?

    Run tomcat inside a java debugger. I believe most java IDEs will allow you
    to debug the java class generated from a JSP in the same way as any other
    java class. Certainly NetBeans claims to have this feature though I have not
    used it.

    Andy Fish, Jun 17, 2004