suggestions to debug JSP pages

Matt

I am using tomcat to run JSP pages. The problem is I have a hard time to trace
the code. I just change the code, and run in the browser. I always experienced HTTP
Status 500 Error. any suggestions to help me debug the JSP pages easier?

Please advise. Thanks!!

KC Wong

I am using tomcat to run JSP pages. The problem is I have a hard time to
trace
the code. I just change the code, and run in the browser. I always experienced HTTP
Status 500 Error. any suggestions to help me debug the JSP pages easier?

Please advise. Thanks!!

Read Tomcat server log files for the exception message and stack trace. Add
your own debug messages.

Andy Fish

Matt said:
I am using tomcat to run JSP pages. The problem is I have a hard time to trace
the code. I just change the code, and run in the browser. I always experienced HTTP
Status 500 Error. any suggestions to help me debug the JSP pages easier?

Run tomcat inside a java debugger. I believe most java IDEs will allow you
to debug the java class generated from a JSP in the same way as any other
java class. Certainly NetBeans claims to have this feature though I have not
used it.