SUN ONE APPLICATION SERVER AND SQL.SERVER

cg

Hi,

I noticed that sun1 (which comes with the J2EE SDK1.4) comes with only
support for the JDBC drivers for Oracle and Pointbase.

I'm trying to build an application which talks to a SQL Server. Does anyone
know whether there are any JDBC drivers for SQL Server 2000 and how to set
it up?

Thanks in advance.

SG

Murray

cg said:
Hi,

I noticed that sun1 (which comes with the J2EE SDK1.4) comes with only
support for the JDBC drivers for Oracle and Pointbase.

I'm trying to build an application which talks to a SQL Server. Does anyone
know whether there are any JDBC drivers for SQL Server 2000 and how to set
it up?

Thanks in advance.

SG

http://jtds.sourceforge.net/

Andrea Spinelli

I'm trying to build an application which talks to a SQL Server. Does
anyone know whether there are any JDBC drivers for SQL Server 2000 and
how to set it up?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=07287B11-0502-
461A-B138-2AA54BFDC03A&displaylang=en

There is a version for windows and a tar; actually, they
contain the same thing. Don't be scared by the load of
useless crap - just put msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar and
msutil.jar in your classpath!

Another post points to jtds, which receives my personal
sympathy - as open source. However, the Micro$soft thing
is actually working, do as you like...

Andrea

Andrew Thompson

A couple of '<' '>' should preserve that long URL to..
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...11-0502-461A-B138-2AA54BFDC03A&displaylang=en>
...uggh, Microsoft! ..huck, ptooie!
That left a bad taste in my mouth.. ;-)

But while we are speaking of them, you might
find this shorter URL works just as well..
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=07287B11-0502-461A-B138-2AA54BFDC03A>

And to the OP, please refrain from
YELLNG YOUR SUBJECT LINE, ..if possible.

HTH