    it up?

    Thanks in advance.

    SG
    cg, Jul 16, 2004

  2. cg

    Murray Guest

    "cg" <> wrote in message
    news:DnMJc.3290$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I noticed that sun1 (which comes with the J2EE SDK1.4) comes with only
    > support for the JDBC drivers for Oracle and Pointbase.
    >
    > I'm trying to build an application which talks to a SQL Server. Does

    anyone

    http://jtds.sourceforge.net/
    Murray, Jul 16, 2004

  3. "cg" <> wrote in

    > I'm trying to build an application which talks to a SQL Server. Does
    > anyone know whether there are any JDBC drivers for SQL Server 2000 and
    > how to set it up?

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=07287B11-0502-
    461A-B138-2AA54BFDC03A&displaylang=en

    There is a version for windows and a tar; actually, they
    contain the same thing. Don't be scared by the load of
    useless crap - just put msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar and
    msutil.jar in your classpath!

    Another post points to jtds, which receives my personal
    sympathy - as open source. However, the Micro$soft thing
    is actually working, do as you like...

    Andrea

    --
    Andrea Spinelli - IT&T srl
    Via Sigismondi, 40 - 24018 Villa d'Alme' (BG)
    Andrea Spinelli, Jul 20, 2004
  4. On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:20:53 +0000 (UTC), Andrea Spinelli wrote:

    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=07287B11-0502-
    > 461A-B138-2AA54BFDC03A&displaylang=en

    A couple of '<' '>' should preserve that long URL to..
    <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=07287B11-0502-461A-B138-2AA54BFDC03A&displaylang=en>
    ...uggh, Microsoft! ..huck, ptooie!
    That left a bad taste in my mouth.. ;-)

    But while we are speaking of them, you might
    find this shorter URL works just as well..
    <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=07287B11-0502-461A-B138-2AA54BFDC03A>

    And to the OP, please refrain from
    YELLNG YOUR SUBJECT LINE, ..if possible.

    HTH

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    Andrew Thompson, Jul 20, 2004