super not working in __del__ ?

Christopher J. Bottaro

I get this exception when I run the following code:

Exception exceptions.TypeError: 'super() argument 1 must be type, not None'
in <bound method Txrposdn.__del__ of <__main__.Txrposdn object at
0xf6f7118c>> ignored

Here is the code:

class Txrposdn(PRI.BasicBatch):

def __init__(self, *argv):
super(Txrposdn, self).__init__(*argv)

def __del__(self):
super(Txrposdn, self).__del__()

if __name__ == "__main__":
prog = Txrposdn(args)
prog.go()

The weird thing is that if move that last code segment into its own
function, the exception doesn't happen:

def main():
prog = Txrposdn(args)
prog.go()