Supressing argument renaming in the Qt Designer -> pyuic workflow

Discussion in 'Python' started by Madhusudan Singh, Aug 11, 2005.

  1. Hi

    Some of the functions I defined inside Qt Designer need to have some values
    passed to them.

    For instance :

    Code :

    void Form3::runningplot(n,plottitle,xname,x,y1name,y1,y2name,y2)

    is translated by pyuic to

    Python code :

    def runningplot(self,a0,a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6,a7):

    Now, while I understand that the first argument of the function has to be
    "self", the change in the names of the parameters in the function
    definition (and no corresponding change in the function body - which I
    would not expect anyways) messes up everything.

    Is there a way to tell pyuic to not translate plottitle -> a0, xname -> a1,
    etc., but keep the names as they are ?

    Thanks.

    Madhusudan Singh, Aug 11, 2005

  2. On Thursday 11 August 2005 6:36 pm, Madhusudan Singh wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Some of the functions I defined inside Qt Designer need to have some values
    > passed to them.
    >
    > For instance :
    >
    > Code :
    >
    > void Form3::runningplot(n,plottitle,xname,x,y1name,y1,y2name,y2)
    >
    > is translated by pyuic to
    >
    > Python code :
    >
    > def runningplot(self,a0,a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6,a7):
    >
    > Now, while I understand that the first argument of the function has to be
    > "self", the change in the names of the parameters in the function
    > definition (and no corresponding change in the function body - which I
    > would not expect anyways) messes up everything.
    >
    > Is there a way to tell pyuic to not translate plottitle -> a0, xname -> a1,
    > etc., but keep the names as they are ?

    No, there is no way to do this at the moment.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Aug 12, 2005