Supressing key events

Jeremy

This applies only to firefox, which is the platform of choice for my web
app.

When there is an iframe on a page, and it has focus, and spacebar is
pressed, the iframe scrolls. This behavior pretty much ruins my web
app. e.stopPropagation on the key events for the container document,
the iframe, and the iframe's document don't seem to help.

All other key events seemed to get supressed (tab, backspace, etc)
except for space bar and the forward slash key, which brings up the
find-as-you-type box. I need to supress both of these, but particularly
space bar.

Any tips?

Thanks,
-Jeremy