SV: Generating templates - CS file not appearing

K Viltersten

I've followed the tutorials on template
generation but for some reason, i can't get
it to work. Google provided no help as far
as i could see.

I'm adding a text file, renaming it, as
suggested, to Something.tt and i can see it
in the solution explorer with a different
icon (blue right-arrow, as supposed to).

However, there are two issues here.
1. I don't get any CS file "under" it.
2. I don't get the option of running it.

After a few hours of searching, i might have
found the cause of the error. In the registry
i can see under:

...\VisualStudio\9.0\Generators

two directories:

{164B10B9-B200-11D0-8C61-00A0C91E29D5}
{FAE04EC1-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}

In both, there's a key called ".tt" and i
believe that it's the one that connects the
TT-extension to a generator.

In my case, the value is "(Standard)" and i
suspect it should say something else. Am i
right and how do i solve it?