SWIG Passing Ruby structure arrays into C DLL

John Reynolds

I have a structure defined in my DLL
Code:
typedef struct _ABC{
int a, b,c;
}ABC;
And a function

Code:
void func(int count, ABC * abc)
{
ABC *tempabc = abc;
for (int i=0; i< count; i++)
{
cout << tempabc->a << tempabc->b << tempabc->c << endl;
tempabc++;
The above is compiled into a DLL, say ABC_DLL that can be used in Ruby
using the SWIG interface.
In my ruby script, I create an array of ABC.

Code:
arr=Array.new
temp1 = ABC_DLL::ABC.new
temp1.a=1111
temp1.b=1111
temp1.c=1111
arr = arr << temp1
temp2 = ABC_DLL::ABC.new
temp2.a=2222
temp2.b=2222
temp2.c=2222
arr = arr << temp2
temp3 = ABC_DLL::ABC.new
temp3.a=3333
temp3.b=3333
temp3.c=3333
arr = arr << temp3

Question is how do I pass this array (arr) into the DLL function??

I tried

ABC_DLL::func(3,arr[0])

but my func in DLL prints out the following
1111 1111 1111
2434 342332 3423442 (some junk numbers)
2222 2222 2222

I would have expected something like