SWIG - python.exe crash

Java and Swing

When I try to print an object in Python, python.exe crashes. Below
are my files.

defs.h
typedef unsigned long MY_DIGIT;

myapp.c
void MakeDigits(MY_DIGIT digits[]) {

char* GetString(char *inMessage, MY_DIGIT *digit) {
char *results;
return results;
}

MyApp.i
%module MyApp
%{
#include "math.h"
%}

extern void MakeDigits(MY_DIGIT digits[]);
extern char* GetString(char *inMessage, MY_DIGIT *digit);

/* allows for the creation of a MY_DIGIT array */
%inline %{
MY_DIGIT *my_digit_array(int size) {
return (MY_DIGIT *) malloc(size * sizeof(int));
}
%}

....I have two questions.

1) One, I call MakeDigits which should populate the "digits" array with
some values. It seems the first time I try it the digits array is
populated. Then if I try to re-use the digits array i get some garbage
output. But if I recall MakeDigits...I can then re-use the digits
array over and over without anymore problems? Any idea?
here is how I was trying it...
digits = my_digit_array(10)
MakeDigits(digits)

2) When I try to print the "my_digit_array" object, python.exe
crashes...below is the code I use to cause this problem: (within
python)
digits = my_digit_array(10)
print digits

I am using Python 2.4.1, Swig 1.3.25 on Win XP Pro.

I tried sending a message on the SWIG mailing list...but so far it
hasn't shown up on the list...I've sent it three times now. I'll keep
trying.