    with window API to draw the font on the screen?
    if not, where I can see what font available on my Java system? and how
    I can install new one, or maybe install Window Font?
    mttc, Jul 3, 2009

  2. mttc

    markspace Guest

    mttc wrote:
    > Font from Swing controls, is native (windows) font, or it's not use
    > with window API to draw the font on the screen?

    I think both. Java has it's own fonts, and it will use the native
    (Windows) ones too.

    <http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/awt/GraphicsEnvironment.html#getAvailableFontFamilyNames()>

    > and how
    > I can install new one, or maybe install Window Font?

    Not sure about this. An aged document I found suggests that new Java
    fonts go in the the jre/lib/font directory. I haven't looked at this
    any further however. To install a font for you OS, follow its vendor's
    instructions.

    <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/intl/addingfonts.html>
    markspace, Jul 3, 2009

  3. mttc

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 09:05:24 -0700 (PDT), mttc <>

    >Font from Swing controls, is native (windows) font, or it's not use
    >with window API to draw the font on the screen?
    >if not, where I can see what font available on my Java system? and how
    >I can install new one, or maybe install Window Font?

    see http://mindprod.com/applet/fontshower.html
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/font.html

    All you need do is install a TrueType font on Windows.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    "Out of 135 criminals, including robbers and rapists, 118 admitted that when they were children they burned, hanged and stabbed domestic animals."
    ~ Ogonyok Magazine 1979.
    Roedy Green, Jul 3, 2009