Swing Font, it's Java Font? ot native? how install new font?

mttc

Font from Swing controls, is native (windows) font, or it's not use
with window API to draw the font on the screen?
if not, where I can see what font available on my Java system? and how
I can install new one, or maybe install Window Font?

markspace

mttc said:
Font from Swing controls, is native (windows) font, or it's not use
with window API to draw the font on the screen?

I think both. Java has it's own fonts, and it will use the native
(Windows) ones too.

if not, where I can see what font available on my Java system?

and how
I can install new one, or maybe install Window Font?

Not sure about this. An aged document I found suggests that new Java
fonts go in the the jre/lib/font directory. I haven't looked at this
any further however. To install a font for you OS, follow its vendor's
instructions.

<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/intl/addingfonts.html>

Roedy Green

Font from Swing controls, is native (windows) font, or it's not use
with window API to draw the font on the screen?
if not, where I can see what font available on my Java system? and how
I can install new one, or maybe install Window Font?

see http://mindprod.com/applet/fontshower.html
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/font.html

All you need do is install a TrueType font on Windows.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"Out of 135 criminals, including robbers and rapists, 118 admitted that when they were children they burned, hanged and stabbed domestic animals."
~ Ogonyok Magazine 1979.