    standard feature often coded.

    My thanks
    Shannon

    ShanMayne, Dec 3, 2008

  2. > I am new to PyQT and GUI programming in general. What tutorials I have
    > found are relatively clear on standard operations within a single
    > window (QtGui.QWidget or QtGui.QMainWindow). Exiting this window exits
    > the overall application.
    >
    > How would I switch between windows, that is close one and open
    > another, within a running application. I would imagine this to be a
    > standard feature often coded.

    most often you don't close windows but hide them.

    Still, the app object has a property quitOnLastWindowClosed that you can
    set to false.

    --
    дамјан ( http://softver.org.mk/damjan/ )

    Q: What's tiny and yellow and very, very, dangerous?
    A: A canary with the super-user password.

    Дамјан ГеоргиевÑки, Dec 3, 2008

  3. ShanMayne

    ShanMayne Guest

    On Dec 3, 8:12 pm, Дамјан ГеоргиевÑки <> wrote:
    > > I am new to PyQT and GUI programming in general. What tutorials I have
    > > found are relatively clear on standard operations within a single
    > > window (QtGui.QWidget or QtGui.QMainWindow). Exiting this window exits
    > > the overall application.

    > > How would I switch between windows, that is close one and open
    > > another, within a running application. I would imagine this to be a
    > > standard feature often coded.

    > most often you don't close windows but hide them.
    >
    > Still, the app object has a property quitOnLastWindowClosed that you can
    > set to false.
    >
    > --
    > дамјан (http://softver.org.mk/damjan/)
    >
    > Q: What's tiny and yellow and very, very, dangerous?
    > A: A canary with the super-user password.

    Thanks, that does sound like a more accessible way of doing it. Would
    know where I could find full application code (as an example to me) so
    that I can get to grips with the details of it all?

    Good stuff, merry be

    ShanMayne, Dec 5, 2008