syck.so and AIX

Austin Moody

I have recently been able to compile Ruby on AIX 4.3 with no problems.

Everything is working great except when the use of yaml is needed. I
first noticed this when attempting to use ActiveRecord, however anytime
you require 'yaml' the following error is given:

/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/powerpc-aix4.3.3.0/syck.so: [BUG]
Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.1 (2003-12-25) [powerpc-aix4.3.3.0]

IOT/Abort trap(coredump)

I have tried the latest stable snapshot of Ruby and also downloaded
syck seperately and installed... all still with the same problem.

There were not error messages during compile.
Anyone seen anything like this or have any sugguestions?