Synopsis, please!

Mabden

Suggestion to group:

Let's have Dan and Keith summarize the month's "going's on" and write a
synopsis.

I have to work so much more lately, that I can't keep up.

Can we just have a "Point - Counterpoint" once a fortnight, to keep me
up on "important" issues?

Just asking....

Merrill & Michele

"Mabden"
Suggestion to group:
Let's have Dan and Keith summarize the month's "going's on" and write a
synopsis.

I have to work so much more lately, that I can't keep up.

Can we just have a "Point - Counterpoint" once a fortnight, to keep me
up on "important" issues?

Just asking....
Sounds like a new, good idea that addresses the direction of the forum. I
think you're going to get clobbered. MPJ

Robert Gamble

Suggestion to group:

Let's have Dan and Keith summarize the month's "going's on" and write a
synopsis.

I have to work so much more lately, that I can't keep up.

Can we just have a "Point - Counterpoint" once a fortnight, to keep me
up on "important" issues?

Just asking....

It's funny you ask, I was actually thinking about the same idea just
yesterday, something similiar to kerneltraffic.org. It would sort of be a
compilation of the "best of" posts, wonder how others feel about the idea...

Rob Gamble

dandelion

Robert Gamble said:
It's funny you ask, I was actually thinking about the same idea just
yesterday, something similiar to kerneltraffic.org. It would sort of be a
compilation of the "best of" posts, wonder how others feel about the
idea...

talk.origins (and possibly other froups aswell) has a Post of the Month,
pour le merite, and a Chez Watt for memorable, often funny, posts.

Perhaps not a bad idea to replicate the PoTM for the truly remarkable posts.
All that's needed is someone taking a tally and a montly voting thread.

Merrill & Michele

"dandelion"
idea...

talk.origins (and possibly other froups aswell) has a Post of the Month,
pour le merite, and a Chez Watt for memorable, often funny, posts.

Perhaps not a bad idea to replicate the PoTM for the truly remarkable posts.
All that's needed is someone taking a tally and a montly voting thread.
Vote, shmote. The U.S. just voted and got the dumbest guy possible. Let's
acknowledge de facto leaders instead as leaders in fact. MPJ

Keith Thompson

Mabden said:
Suggestion to group:

Let's have Dan and Keith summarize the month's "going's on" and write a
synopsis.

I have to work so much more lately, that I can't keep up.

Can we just have a "Point - Counterpoint" once a fortnight, to keep me
up on "important" issues?

Just asking....

Probably not a bad idea in theory, and thanks for the compliment, but
I'm unwilling to volunteer. My participation in this newsgroup is no
more than a hobby, and I probably spend more time on it than I should
as it is. (And I can't promise that I'd always disagree with Dan,
which would leave us without a counterpoint -- though there's always
the Dan Ackroyd approach.)

If somebody else wants to take this on, I'll be glad to sit back and
heckle.

Merrill & Michele

"Keith Thompson":

Probably not a bad idea in theory, and thanks for the compliment, but
I'm unwilling to volunteer. My participation in this newsgroup is no
more than a hobby, and I probably spend more time on it than I should
as it is. (And I can't promise that I'd always disagree with Dan,
which would leave us without a counterpoint -- though there's always
the Dan Ackroyd approach.)

If somebody else wants to take this on, I'll be glad to sit back and
heckle.
Marketed such as it is, I would think that you would certainly demure. But
what if the job came with some perks? Instead of having to sift through a
million messages, others could make you aware of topics worthy of comment.
Others could make a leadership role less, rather than more, demanding on
your most precious resource (time). And I simply will not believe that in
times of agreement with Mr. Pop you could tire of calling him an ignorant
slut. MPJ