Syntax Coloring Problem with Xemacs

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Markus Jais, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. Markus Jais

    Markus Jais Guest

    hello

    I have Xemacs 21.4 and Ruby 1.8.0

    whenever I type $' in my Ruby code Xemacs treats the following
    Code as string and everything is green.

    anyone else with this problem ??
    is there a workaround ?

    one thing that can be done is putting a "#'" after lines with $'
    like this
    var = $' #'

    but I wonder if there is a better way ?

    any hints are welcome

    thanks

    Markus

    Markus Jais, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Markus Jais <> wrote:
    > whenever I type $' in my Ruby code Xemacs treats the following
    > Code as string and everything is green.

    I didn't have this problem but I had other syntax highlighting problems
    with various combinations of XEmacs and the Ruby mode file.

    After some Lisp fiddling (I'm by no means a Lisp programmer) I managed
    to fix all the problems I was having to produce this:

    http://members.optushome.com.au/puyo/ruby-mode.el

    And since I use XEmacs 21.4 also, I imagine it'll work for you too. I
    give no guarrantees though and if it doesn't work, I can't offer any
    more help. Good luck.

    --
    Greg McIntyre ======[ ]===[ http://puyo.cjb.net ]===

    Greg McIntyre, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Markus Jais

    Markus Jais Guest

    Greg McIntyre wrote:

    > Markus Jais <> wrote:
    >> whenever I type $' in my Ruby code Xemacs treats the following
    >> Code as string and everything is green.

    > I didn't have this problem but I had other syntax highlighting problems
    > with various combinations of XEmacs and the Ruby mode file.
    >
    > After some Lisp fiddling (I'm by no means a Lisp programmer) I managed
    > to fix all the problems I was having to produce this:
    >
    > http://members.optushome.com.au/puyo/ruby-mode.el
    >
    > And since I use XEmacs 21.4 also, I imagine it'll work for you too. I
    > give no guarrantees though and if it doesn't work, I can't offer any
    > more help. Good luck.

    thanks. but it still does not work.

    maybe I will eventually have some time to read the elisp documentation.

    markus

    Markus Jais, Oct 20, 2003