Syntax error using ArcPy Spatial Analyst module in Python

Joined
Dec 14, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I'm very new to using python and figure I'm missing something obvious in the following script. I keep getting a "syntax error" message no matter how much I fiddle around with the first few lines. I think it has something to do with calling the spatial analyst module into python while checking out the spatial analyst extension. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#Script takes an input DEM raster and delineates watershed boundaries based on
# flow direction and accumulation

# Import arcpy module
import arcpy
from arcpy.sa import *
arcpy.env.overwriteOutput = True

# Check out the Spatial Analyst extension
arcpy.CheckOutExtension("Spatial")

#Specify the input raster
inDEM = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(0)

#Specify the input coordinate system
spatialReference = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(1)

#Specify the minimum number of cells that are assumed to represent a stream
# (cell threshold)
inMin = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(2)

Try:

# Process: Project Raster
arcpy.ProjectRaster_management(inDEM, projectDEM, spatialReference)

# Process: Fill
fillDEM = Fill(projectDEM)

# Process: Flow Direction
flowDir = FlowDirection(fillDEM, "NORMAL")

# Process: Flow Accumulation
flowAccum = FlowAccumulation(flowDir)

# Process: Raster Calculator
outRaster = RasterCalculator((flowAccum > inMin))

# Process: Raster to Polyline
arcpy.RasterToPolyline_conversion(outRaster, polyLines, "ZERO", "0", "SIMPLIFY", "VALUE")

# Process: Feature Vertices To Points
arcpy.FeatureVerticesToPoints_management(polyLines, lineVertices, "END")

# Process: Watershed
outWatershed = Watershed(flowDir, lineVertices)

# Process: Raster to Polygon
arcpy.RasterToPolygon_conversion(outWatershed, watershedPolygons, "SIMPLIFY", "VALUE")

# Check in the Spatial Analyst extension
arcpy.CheckInExtension("Spatial")

#error handling
except:
arcpy.AddError("File failed to write successfully")
arcpy.AddMessage(arcpy.GetMessages())