System.Byte* cannot be serialized because it does not have aparameterless constructor.

decady

Hi,

Creating my first web service server patterned after a MS C++ asp.net
walkthrough. When I pass simple argument types (int, short, long,
double) and 1 or 2 parameters, it compiles and executes (in browser)
just fine. The return type is double in all cases. If I try to pass
any more complex parameter (char*, char[], int*, etc), the code
compiles without error but gives an error similar to:

System.Byte* cannot be serialized because it does not have a
parameterless constructor.

My class has a constructor with no parameters, so what constructor
does the error refer to, and what is the fix? How do I send character
strings as parameters in server calls?

Thanks for any help