    How to create System.Net.Cookie from System.Web.Cookie?

    THanks.

    William
    william, Apr 11, 2008

  2. Dominick Baier, Apr 14, 2008

  3. william

    william Guest

    Hi Dominick,

    Thanks for your response.
    I've tried to copying web.cookie to net.cookie, got error "The parameter
    '{0}' cannot be an empty string.Parameter name: cookie.Domain". Here is my
    code:

    System.Net.Cookie cookie = new
    System.Net.Cookie(Request.Cookies[".ASPXAUTH"].Name,
    Request.Cookies[".ASPXAUTH"].Value, Request.Cookies[".ASPXAUTH"].Path,
    Request.Cookies[".ASPXAUTH"].Domain);
    System.Net.CookieContainer cookies = new
    System.Net.CookieContainer();
    cookies.Add(cookie); //error happens here

    Any idea?

    Thanks.

    William

    william, Apr 14, 2008
  4. william

    william Guest

    Hi,

    Acturally I'm looking for sharing authcookie between web applications and
    web services. Both use Forms Authentication, and use .NET memberhsip
    framework to authenticate user.
    Senario 1. After user login to web application by providing user id and
    password, create System.Net.Cookie by current web cookie, and assign this
    cookie to web service's cookiecontainer, and call web service.
    Senario 2. I have a login.asmx web service. From web application, make a
    call to this web service to validate user, after successfully authenticated,
    I can get authcookie. I want to use this cookie for further access pages
    which are restricted only allow authenticated users.

    Thanks.
    William

    william, Apr 14, 2008
  5. OK - this is possible.

    Use your server name as a domain like "www.server.com"

    if web app and service are in different vdirs / servers you also need to
    sync the <machineKey /> element.

    -----

    Dominick Baier, Apr 14, 2008