    Any other viable solutions? (programmatically)

    Thanks much,
    Arc

    arcvonz, Aug 23, 2004

  2. Why dont you write a small windows service that queries a web based atomic
    clock and resets the time

    Regards

    John Timney
    Microsoft Regional Director
    Microsoft MVP

    "arcvonz" <> wrote in message
    > We have a time critical smart client application running on Windows

    2000/XP
    > systems.
    > Is there any reliable service that would help in syncing the local system
    > time to atomic clock or local time at the least in case the user changes

    the

    John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\), Aug 23, 2004

  3. arcvonz

    Sam Santiago Guest

    Check out this link:

    How to Configure an Authoritative Time Server in Windows 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;216734

    It has a link to Word document that discusses the time service in detail.
    Essentially, you can run the command:

    net time /setsntp:ntpserver

    to set which server you want to sync with. ntpserver can be an IP address
    or server name (Internet or local).

    Thanks,

    Sam

    --