System tray message

dushkin

Hi there!

I am working on JBuilder 2005.
I would like to display some kind of a notification message rising
smoothly from the system tray area as a certain operation is ended.
Many AV programs use it for example as a virus is being detected.
How can I do it? Is there any free class for that?
Thanks!!!

Roland de Ruiter

dushkin said:
Hi there!

I am working on JBuilder 2005.
I would like to display some kind of a notification message rising
smoothly from the system tray area as a certain operation is ended.
Many AV programs use it for example as a virus is being detected.
How can I do it? Is there any free class for that?
Thanks!!!
Get Java SE 6. A new feature in this version is the ability to
add/remove items to the system tray.

<http://download.java.net/jdk6/docs/api/java/awt/SystemTray.html>
<https://mustang.dev.java.net/>

For earlier versions of Java you'll have to find an appropriate library
for it.

Regards,

Roland

David Segall

dushkin said:
Hi there!

I am working on JBuilder 2005.
I would like to display some kind of a notification message rising
smoothly from the system tray area as a certain operation is ended.
Many AV programs use it for example as a virus is being detected.
How can I do it? Is there any free class for that?
Thanks!!!
The open source SysTray for Java
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/systray/> is probably a good start
but it would need some extra code. I have an application that uses it
and I would appreciate the upgrade. :)

info

The book Swing Hacks by O'Reilly has some examples, "#46 Slide Notes
Out from the Taskbar," which uses JWindow to accomplish this.