system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name shows old usenam

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Antonio O''Neal, Oct 30, 2008.

  1. We changed a username in AD. The user now logs on to a computer on our
    network using the new username without any problems. They can not logon using
    the old username. However, when they access a IIS 6.0 web site where a
    programmer compares system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name to a
    lookup table containing usernames they could not gain access with the new
    userid. We created a web page to show what
    system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name is returning. It is
    returning their old username. If we put the old username in the table the
    user may access the web site. The IIS site logs for the web site show the
    new username for the user as he accesses the site. I have used adsiedit to
    look at the user's information in AD. It shows only the new username through
    out the the account parameters.

    We also have a sharepoint 3.0 site that shows the user's old username when
    he accesses that site.

    What can I do so system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name will
    contain the new username for this renamed account?

    Thank you,
    Antonio

    Antonio O''Neal, Oct 30, 2008

  2. Solution?

    Hi,

    I'm having almost the same problem - do you ever get a solution to this problem?

    Thanks,
    Steve

    AntonioONea wrote:

    system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name shows old usenam
    30-Oct-08

[...]

    On Thursday, October 30, 2008 8:22 AM
    AntonioONea wrote:

[...]

    ASP.NET Programmer's Reference [Wrox Press]
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...897-012dfdc39b86/aspnet-programmers-refe.aspx

    Steve McManus, Dec 1, 2009

  3. Do you get a solution?

    Hi,

    Did you ever get a solution to this problem?

    We're having same issue here.

    Thanks,
    Steve

    AntonioONea wrote:

[...]

    On Tuesday, December 01, 2009 12:08 PM
    Steve McManus wrote:

    Solution?
    Hi,

    I'm having almost the same problem - do you ever get a solution to this problem?

    Thanks,
    Steve

    ..NET Object Mapper / Code Generator For SQL Server
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...ed8-f5cece4363ef/net-object-mapper--code.aspx

    Steve McManus, Dec 1, 2009
  4. Antonio O''Neal

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Re: Do you get a solution?

    Steve McManus wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Did you ever get a solution to this problem?
    >
    > We're having same issue here.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Steve
    >

    > AntonioONea wrote:
    >
    > system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name shows old usenam
    > 30-Oct-08
    >
    > We changed a username in AD. The user now logs on to a computer on
    > our
    > network using the new username without any problems. They can not
    > logon using the old username. However, when they access a IIS 6.0 web
    > site where a programmer compares
    > system.web.httpcontext.current.user.identity.name to a lookup table

    You might try posting this to an ASP.Net group such as

    to help you

    --
    HTH,
    Bob Barrows