    --
    ------------------------------------
    Wayne Wengert

    Wayne Wengert, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Wayne Wengert pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    > How can I control the font size in a table? The <font size="x"> has no
    > effect (IE 6).

    Please don't try to defeat my default font size. Use CSS and set

    td { font-size: 100%; }

    ...then set your own browser to the size you find comfortable.

    Consider also: body { font-size: 100%; }

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Wayne  Wengert

    rf Guest

    "Wayne Wengert" <> wrote in message
    > How can I control the font size in a table? The <font size="x"> has no
    > effect (IE 6).

    Let me guess - you have something like

    Well, the font element is an inline element so can not contain block level
    elements like table. You have to put the font element inside each cell. If
    you use block level element like <p> in those cells then the font element
    must be inside each of those as well.

    This is one of the reasons the font element has been deprecated in favour of
    using CSS for presentational issues.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 23, 2003
  4. Thanks for the advice. I'll look into using CSS for this.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wengert, Oct 23, 2003
  5. Wayne  Wengert

    > "rf" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Wayne Wengert" <> wrote in message
    > > > How can I control the font size in a table? The <font size="x"> has no
    > > > effect (IE 6).

    > > Let me guess - you have something like
    > >
    > > Well, the font element is an inline element so can not contain block

    level
    > > elements like table. You have to put the font element inside each cell.

    If
    > > you use block level element like <p> in those cells then the font

    element
    > > must be inside each of those as well.
    > >
    > > This is one of the reasons the font element has been deprecated in

    favour
    > of
    > > using CSS for presentational issues.

    > Thanks for the advice. I'll look into using CSS for this.

    In your head:

    table {font-size: 100%;}

    Cheers
    Richard.