Table Font Size

Wayne Wengert

How can I control the font size in a table? The <font size="x"> has no
effect (IE 6).

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Wayne Wengert pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
How can I control the font size in a table? The <font size="x"> has no
effect (IE 6).

Please don't try to defeat my default font size. Use CSS and set

td { font-size: 100%; }

...then set your own browser to the size you find comfortable.

Consider also: body { font-size: 100%; }

rf

Wayne Wengert said:
How can I control the font size in a table? The <font size="x"> has no
effect (IE 6).

Let me guess - you have something like

Well, the font element is an inline element so can not contain block level
elements like table. You have to put the font element inside each cell. If
you use block level element like <p> in those cells then the font element
must be inside each of those as well.

This is one of the reasons the font element has been deprecated in favour of
using CSS for presentational issues.

Cheers
Richard.