    this (free or commercial)? I'd prefer something that is accessible
    and you can just drop in and have it work.

    thanks!
    ed, Jun 20, 2007

  2. ed

    Matt Kruse Guest

    On Jun 20, 2:27 pm, ed <> wrote:
    > I am looking for a good Table Scroll.

    What does that even mean?

    Matt Kruse
    Matt Kruse, Jun 20, 2007

  3. ed

    ed Guest

    On Jun 20, 4:30 pm, Matt Kruse <> wrote:
    > On Jun 20, 2:27 pm, ed <> wrote:
    >
    > > I am looking for a good Table Scroll.

    > What does that even mean?
    >
    > Matt Kruse

    Javascript that takes the body of a table and allows it to scroll.
    ed, Jun 20, 2007
  4. ed

    Randy Webb Guest

    ed said the following on 6/20/2007 4:51 PM:
    > On Jun 20, 4:30 pm, Matt Kruse <> wrote:
    >> On Jun 20, 2:27 pm, ed <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am looking for a good Table Scroll.

    >> What does that even mean?
    >>
    >> Matt Kruse

    > Javascript that takes the body of a table and allows it to scroll.

    If you can take the body of the table in my kitchen and scroll it across
    the floor, I would be impressed.

    --
    Randy
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
    Randy Webb, Jun 20, 2007
  5. ed

    dave Guest

    On Jun 20, 12:51 pm, ed <> wrote:
    > On Jun 20, 4:30 pm, Matt Kruse <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Jun 20, 2:27 pm, ed <> wrote:

    > > > I am looking for a good Table Scroll.

    > > What does that even mean?

    > > Matt Kruse

    > Javascript that takes the body of a table and allows it to scroll.

    why not use the overflow property in css?
    dave, Jun 20, 2007
  6. ed

    kaaposc Guest

    ed wrote:
    > On Jun 20, 4:30 pm, Matt Kruse <> wrote:
    >> On Jun 20, 2:27 pm, ed <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am looking for a good Table Scroll.

    >> What does that even mean?
    >>
    >> Matt Kruse

    > Javascript that takes the body of a table and allows it to scroll.

    plain css

    tbody {
    max-height: 200px;
    overflow: scroll;

    -- kaaposc
    "The Knowledge is Power"
    kaaposc, Jun 21, 2007
  7. ed

    Tim Slattery Guest

    kaaposc <> wrote:

    >ed wrote:

    >>> What does that even mean?
    >>>
    >>> Matt Kruse

    >> Javascript that takes the body of a table and allows it to scroll.
    >>

    >plain css
    >
    >tbody {
    > max-height: 200px;
    > overflow: scroll;
    >}

    That works in browsers that properly support CSS, like the Gecko-based
    browsers: Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox. It does not work in IE, not even
    IE7. Somebody posted a solution here for IE months ago. It involved
    the "expression" CSS attribute that's supported only by IE. I'll post
    or email it if requested.

    --
    Tim Slattery

    http://members.cox.net/slatteryt
    Tim Slattery, Jun 21, 2007
  8. ed

    Matt Kruse Guest

    On Jun 21, 8:10 am, Tim Slattery <> wrote:
    > Somebody posted a solution here for IE months ago. It involved
    > the "expression" CSS attribute that's supported only by IE.

    Here is mine that uses IE expressions:
    http://www.javascripttoolbox.com/lib/scrollingdatagrid/

    It's been working well for me for years, but it does have its
    drawbacks. Expressions, as a rule, slow down the whole page in IE.
    Large data sets or big pages may not be good situations to use a
    solution like that above.

    Matt Kruse
    Matt Kruse, Jun 21, 2007