table scroll

ed

I am looking for a good Table Scroll. Anyone know of anything like
this (free or commercial)? I'd prefer something that is accessible
and you can just drop in and have it work.

thanks!

Randy Webb

ed said the following on 6/20/2007 4:51 PM:
Javascript that takes the body of a table and allows it to scroll.

If you can take the body of the table in my kitchen and scroll it across
the floor, I would be impressed.

Tim Slattery

kaaposc said:
plain css

tbody {
max-height: 200px;
overflow: scroll;
}

That works in browsers that properly support CSS, like the Gecko-based
browsers: Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox. It does not work in IE, not even
IE7. Somebody posted a solution here for IE months ago. It involved
the "expression" CSS attribute that's supported only by IE. I'll post
or email it if requested.

Matt Kruse

Somebody posted a solution here for IE months ago. It involved
the "expression" CSS attribute that's supported only by IE.

Here is mine that uses IE expressions:
http://www.javascripttoolbox.com/lib/scrollingdatagrid/

It's been working well for me for years, but it does have its
drawbacks. Expressions, as a rule, slow down the whole page in IE.
Large data sets or big pages may not be good situations to use a
solution like that above.

Matt Kruse