Tables Help needed PLEASE!

rf

courtney wrote
Could someone please help me? This is driving me crazy. I'm working on
a new layout for my site and I can't get the middle portion to go to the
top.

www.greendayauthority.com/Layout/punk.shtml

Hmmm. The worst page I have seen presented here for a very long time.

Start again.

This time:

Omit the javascript. In particular, learn how to use CSS for rollover
effects. This alone will reduce the complexity of the page by a factor of
two.

Omit all the deprecated elements and use CSS. This will reduce it by another
factor of two.

Omit stupid things like font-size 8pt.

Use the validator to check the code.

Lose the cargo cult nonsense, <-- in style and script elements.
In particular, you have <!-- ... --> ... --> in the style element.

Use colours that somebody may be actually able to read.

Figures. I have yet to see anything of value to come out of there.

Please do not. Get a real newsreader and visit alt.html directly.

Sid Ismail

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 02:15:38 GMT, courtney

:
: www.greendayauthority.com/Layout/punk.shtml
:

<snip>
<TR>
<TD valign=top><div align="center">
bordercolor="#03097C">

NEWS WIRE « </font></td>
</snip>

1. Validate your code;
2. Do what Richard suggested;
3. Add a valign=top in the last TD above

Sid