tables, rows and backgrounds (background image repeating every cell)

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Marianne, Oct 16, 2004.

  1. Marianne

    Marianne Guest

    Hi, I have a slight problem, I have a background image that should span my
    entire page in the fiorst row of my table
    ..

    Works great but would something like this be possible wihtout the background
    image repeating every cell ?

    Cause that would make it more easy to coninue my table without the
    background.

    Marianne
    Marianne, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Re: tables, rows and backgrounds (background image repeating everycell)

    Marianne wrote:
    > Hi, I have a slight problem, I have a background image that should span my
    > entire page in the fiorst row of my table
    > .
    >
    > Works great but would something like this be possible wihtout the background
    > image repeating every cell ?

    > Cause that would make it more easy to coninue my table without the
    > background.
    >
    > Marianne

    I'm not quite sure I got the question, but if you need a background
    image that is not repeated, you can use:

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=FCpher_Cypher?=, Oct 16, 2004

  3. Marianne

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Marianne said:

    > I have a background image that should span my entire page in the
    > fiorst row of my table

    using css position a <div> with the background behind the <tr> however:
    http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

    the 'background' attribute is only valid on the <body> element.

    --

    v o i c e s
    brucie, Oct 16, 2004
  4. Marianne

    Marianne Guest

    > I'm not quite sure I got the question, but if you need a background
    > image that is not repeated, you can use:

    Thsi stil repeats the background image every cell. Lets say the background
    image is a gif containing the words "does this fit". This will appear like
    cell1 "does thi"
    cell2 "does thi" etc

    what I need is
    cell1 "does thi"
    cell2 "s fitt"

    :)

    Floortje
    Marianne, Oct 16, 2004
  5. Marianne

    Marianne Guest

    > using css position a <div> with the background behind the <tr> however:

    Hmm out of my league. Do u mean someting like this ?

    > http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

    This is great stuff. Im allready using more and more stylsheets but it's
    hard to completely rewrite my old pages and still have enoug time to finish
    my education :)

    > the 'background' attribute is only valid on the <body> element.

    Hmm .. im blaming this one on macromedia :)
    Marianne, Oct 16, 2004
  6. Marianne

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Marianne said:

    >> using css position a <div> with the background behind the <tr> however:

    > Hmm out of my league.

    post a url of what you've got. makes it much easier for people to help
    you.

    > Do u mean someting like this ?

    invalid

    >> the 'background' attribute is only valid on the <body> element.

    > Hmm .. im blaming this one on macromedia :)

    don't you feel a little silly paying a fortune for it and it cant even
    generate valid html?

    --

    v o i c e s
    brucie, Oct 17, 2004