Tabs--a different sort of question.

middletree

I'm thinking about changing some long pages I have into separating their
sections into tabs. I'd like to do tabs like on www.espn.com, where it
doesn't reload the page when you click on one of the tabs.

The site I'm talking about is an Intranet app, so I don't have links to show
you. But the problem is that the pages which I have in mind are often
printed, so I'd like to have the different sections all print sequentially.
That is, I'd like it to show Div1, then below that, div2, etc. But when
viewing it on the screen, the are all stacked in layers.

I imagine you could do it with a print style sheet, having each div
visible, and the positions adjusted so that they don't overlap.

Is this doable? Anyone know of examples where this is done?

David Dorward

http://phrogz.net/JS/Tabtastic/index.html

I imagine you could do it with a print style sheet, having each div
visible
Yes.

, and the positions adjusted so that they don't overlap.

Just don't position them at all in the print style sheet.