Tabstrip link stylesheet

DSISupport

Hi,
I'm using the IE Webctrols in my ASP.Net apps, and I'm trying to use
stylesheet files CSS to apply formatting.
For instance I want to format the tabStrip webcontrol using the an external
CSS file however I don't see how?
The TabStrip has several attributes to manage the formatting like:
- TabSeletectedStyle
- TabDefaultStyle
- TabHoverStyle
All these accespts just inline CSS but what I wantted is to link these
attribute to an external CSS file and have a css class for each attribute
within that external CSS file.
There is a property called cssClass which is used to manage the style for
the whole tabstrip not for each piece so this doesn't help.
Is there a way to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi DSISupport,

Welcome to ASPNET newsgroup.
As for the style sheet question on ASP.NEt TabStrip IE webcontrol, it is
caused by the implementation of the TablStrip control. Since the tablstrip
control and other IE webcontrols are based on the IE htc components,
they're not rendered as normal HTML element in webbrowser, we can use the
HTC xml element in clientside browser, so it dosn't use the normal CSS
style model to do the UI customization. Currently the only model is to use
the XXStyle collection to specify the style inline. Also, the Menu and
TreeView controls has been upgrated to the buildin Server controls in
ASP.NET 2.0 which expose the common CssClass style properties. For the
Tabstrip IE webcontrol, it is still limited to its current HTC model.

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security