taking SQL server code from an ASP page and placing it in EXCEL

Ethan Lincoln

I'd like to write a bunch of queries from a SQL Server 2000 database in
my ASP page and have a way of copying this information into an excel
workbook in specific cells. Writing the queries isn't the problem, I
just need to place it in a file in different specific cells.

Is there a way to do this? Do you have to use VBA code or something?
the *.iqy technique isn't going to work, cause I have to place the data
in a sepcific excel file, in sepcific cells.

I am not sure how to do this or if it's possibly, if anyone has any
ideas on where to start or find some sample code I'd REALLY appreciate
it.

Thanks,

EL

Tom B

Can you skip asp altogether and just connect your excel to the SQL Server?

If not you are looking at using Excel Automation which is not encouraged by
Microsoft.
You could just create a *.csv file, but then you wouldn't have cell specific
control.