Taking the plunge - first .net question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by D. Shane Fowlkes, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. I'm a traditional ASP developer and am experimenting with asp.net. I
    installed .NET Framework 1.1 and make a quick and dirty test page called
    random.aspx . Can anyone tell me why this page doesn't write the value of
    "X" to the page AND why I can view the <% %> source code in the browser? It
    makes me think that my IIS doesn't recognize .aspx files.

    Thanks

    <% @Page Language = "VB" Debug = "True" Explicit = "True" %>
    <head>
    <title>Untitled Document</title>
    </head>
    Random Single Number Test: <strong>(
    <%
    Dim X As Single

    Randomize
    X = Rnd
    Response.Write X
    %>)</strong>

    --

    *********************************
    D. Shane Fowlkes - TMM

    D. Shane Fowlkes, Nov 6, 2003

  2. From the .Net installation directory under your Windows (or e1quivalent)
    directory, run the following command-line tool to install ASP.Net on your
    web server:

    aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    --
    HTH,