Taking the plunge - first .net question

D. Shane Fowlkes

I'm a traditional ASP developer and am experimenting with asp.net. I
installed .NET Framework 1.1 and make a quick and dirty test page called
random.aspx . Can anyone tell me why this page doesn't write the value of
"X" to the page AND why I can view the <% %> source code in the browser? It
makes me think that my IIS doesn't recognize .aspx files.

Thanks

<% @Page Language = "VB" Debug = "True" Explicit = "True" %>
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>
Random Single Number Test: <strong>(
<%
Dim X As Single

Randomize
X = Rnd
Response.Write X
%>)</strong>

--

*********************************
D. Shane Fowlkes - TMM

Kevin Spencer

From the .Net installation directory under your Windows (or e1quivalent)
directory, run the following command-line tool to install ASP.Net on your
web server:

aspnet_regiis.exe -i

--
HTH,