Talking of IE6 and Govt departments

Jukka K. Korpela

dorayme said:

Your point being? Is it bad to have a site that works even on IE 6? (I'm
just assuming it does.) Or did you miss the "+" sign in
"We recommend that you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+ to view this
site."
and the fact that the link in it points to a page where you can download the
newest released version of IE (currently IE 9)?

Tim Streater

Jukka K. Korpela said:
Your point being? Is it bad to have a site that works even on IE 6? (I'm
just assuming it does.) Or did you miss the "+" sign in
"We recommend that you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+ to view this
site."
and the fact that the link in it points to a page where you can download the
newest released version of IE (currently IE 9)?

To me, the "+" means "better than", indicating I should use Safari, or
FireFox, or something other than IE.

dorayme

Jukka K. Korpela said:
Your point being? Is it bad to have a site that works even on IE 6? (I'm
just assuming it does.) Or did you miss the "+" sign in
"We recommend that you use Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+ to view this
site."
and the fact that the link in it points to a page where you can download the
newest released version of IE (currently IE 9)?

As it happens, I did miss it, and I am sorry for this. But there
is still a crime committed, just not quite as specifically bad as
I had thought.

I think I know how you worked out that I missed the +. Still, it
was astute of you, and no matter how little is posted here, it is
exciting that we all need to be careful of everything.

My newsreader has a preference setting to throw up a notice after
trying to post that says "Are you sure?". I have never turned it,
on reasoning that I would get blasé over time and ignore it
anyway!