    Once (if) I get a real Index built, I'll let you know :)

    --
    (-, /\ \/ / /\/

    Gavin Kistner, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Gavin Kistner <> wrote in message news:<mNcYb.332945$xy6.1631429@attbi_s02>...
    > I haven't gotten to clean up the Index like I had wanted to, but I
    > figured this was overdue anyhow, so:
    >
    > http://phrogz.net/ProgrammingRuby/ProgrammingRuby_20040216.tar.bz2
    > http://phrogz.net/ProgrammingRuby/ProgrammingRuby_20040216.tar.gz
    >
    > (330k and 430k respectively)
    >
    > is an HTML-only version of what's at http://phrogz.net/ProgrammingRuby,
    > along with some client-side JS to replace the ASP, allowing the
    > deframing and reframing to work properly.

    "Greetings, Earthling. I am Tar, of Phrogz. Take me to your leader."

    (Sorry, couldn't resist) :)

    But more seriously...
    Great work! I was a little confused though, as to which file to open.
    index.html is the traditional starting point, but this file just
    contains the table of contents frame. It took a little while to figure
    out that frameset.html is the main file to open.

    Karl von Laudermann, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Karl von Laudermann wrote:
    > I was a little confused though, as to which file to open.
    > index.html is the traditional starting point, but this file just
    > contains the table of contents frame. It took a little while to figure
    > out that frameset.html is the main file to open.

    Yeah, I probably should change that. Next release :)
    --
    (-, /\ \/ / /\/

    Gavin Kistner, Feb 17, 2004
  4. Gavin Kistner

    Kent Dahl Guest

    Gavin Kistner wrote:
    > I haven't gotten to clean up the Index like I had wanted to, but I
    > figured this was overdue anyhow, so:

    Great work.

    I am curious whether this was done by hand or if you have
    XSLT/scripts/etc doing it.

    The reason I ask is because I've wanted like to create something similar
    for an (half-way) translated version, but never found the time (and got
    lost, over-engineering it while planning :p).

    --
    (\[ Kent Dahl ]/)_ _~_ _____[ http://www.pvv.org/~kentda/ ]_____/~
    ))\_student_/(( \__d L b__/ Master of Science in Technology )

    Kent Dahl, Feb 17, 2004
  5. On Feb 17, 2004, at 1:49 PM, Kent Dahl wrote:
    > I am curious whether this was done by hand or if you have
    > XSLT/scripts/etc doing it.

    For 1.5 weeks I was a converting machine, full of find/replace goodness.

    I was going to do XSLT, but there was tons of markup like:

    paragraph 1
    paragraph 2
    paragraph 3

    And nasty table-based layout for the code samples.

    Gavin Kistner, Feb 18, 2004
  6. Hi!

    * Karl von Laudermann:
    > "Greetings, Earthling. I am Tar, of Phrogz. Take me to your leader."

    Great xover :-> For those who don't know it:

    At about the same James Tiberius Kirk and his crew boldly went where
    no man had gone before the black-and-white spaceship 'Orion' took off
    in Germany. They were confronted with aggressors from outer space -
    the Frogs.

    Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT
    --
    http://oss.erdfunkstelle.de/ruby/ - German comp.lang.ruby-FAQ
    http://rubyforge.org/users/jupp/ - Ruby projects at Rubyforge

    Josef 'Jupp' SCHUGT, Feb 18, 2004
  7. Gavin Kistner

    Sean Russell Guest

    Gavin Kistner <> wrote in message news:<mNcYb.332945$xy6.1631429@attbi_s02>...
    > I haven't gotten to clean up the Index like I had wanted to, but I
    > figured this was overdue anyhow, so:
    >
    > http://phrogz.net/ProgrammingRuby/ProgrammingRuby_20040216.tar.bz2
    > http://phrogz.net/ProgrammingRuby/ProgrammingRuby_20040216.tar.gz
    >
    > (330k and 430k respectively)
    >
    > is an HTML-only version of what's at http://phrogz.net/ProgrammingRuby,
    > along with some client-side JS to replace the ASP, allowing the
    > deframing and reframing to work properly.

    Suh-weet!

    This is a gorgeous layout. Good job!

    (The rest of your site is pretty nice, too)

    --- SER

    Sean Russell, Feb 18, 2004