    fopen does not work (like in other languages).

    Thanks
    Teddy

    Teddy, Jul 23, 2003

  2. "Teddy" <> wrote...
    > How can I open a TCP Connection to another host in C++?

    There is no way. You need some kind of OS-specific feature,
    like Winsock...

    > fopen does not work (like in other languages).

    What other languages?

    Victor

    Victor Bazarov, Jul 23, 2003

  3. "Teddy" <> wrote in message
    > How can I open a TCP Connection to another host in C++?
    > fopen does not work (like in other languages).
    >
    > Thanks
    > Teddy

    Standard C++ has no automatic support for networking. If fopen does not work
    for you then you need to look at a platform specific solution. The place to
    ask about that is in a newsgroup that discusses your platform, whatever that
    might be. Here we discuss the language only.

    john

    John Harrison, Jul 23, 2003