TCP Connection with C++

Teddy

How can I open a TCP Connection to another host in C++?
fopen does not work (like in other languages).

Thanks
Teddy

Victor Bazarov

Teddy said:
How can I open a TCP Connection to another host in C++?

There is no way. You need some kind of OS-specific feature,
like Winsock...
fopen does not work (like in other languages).

What other languages?

Victor

John Harrison

Teddy said:
How can I open a TCP Connection to another host in C++?
fopen does not work (like in other languages).

Thanks
Teddy

Standard C++ has no automatic support for networking. If fopen does not work
for you then you need to look at a platform specific solution. The place to
ask about that is in a newsgroup that discusses your platform, whatever that
might be. Here we discuss the language only.

john