TCP SO_KEEPALIVE

sid

I am trying to make use of the "keep alive" feature for Microsoft TCP,
but after
adding the registry keys:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Tcpip\Parameters
KeepAliveTime = 180,000
KeepAliveInterval = 3000
TCPMaxDataRetransmissions = 10

The documentation states that all these values are in milliseconds.
It does send "keep alive packets, but every 2 hours (the default)

Has anyone seen this behavior ?

Any help is appreciated.

Sid.

Victor Bazarov

sid said:
I am trying to make use of the "keep alive" feature for Microsoft TCP,
but after
adding the registry keys:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Tcpip\Parameters
KeepAliveTime = 180,000
KeepAliveInterval = 3000
TCPMaxDataRetransmissions = 10

The documentation states that all these values are in milliseconds.
It does send "keep alive packets, but every 2 hours (the default)

Has anyone seen this behavior ?

Do you actually have a C++ _language_ question? If not, you're in
a wrong newsgroup.

sid

Do you actually have a C++ _language_ question? If not, you're in
a wrong newsgroup.

I am writing an application that uses a winsock control.

Any help is appreciated.

Victor Bazarov

sid said:
I am writing an application that uses a winsock control.

Any help is appreciated.

What help are you expecting? You provided no C++ code, you asked no
C++ question. C++ does not define "sockets". Those are a feature
of your OS, most likely. Perhaps you should consider asking in the
newsgroup dedicated to your OS...