Tell me the best site to learn ASP.NET

G

Hi,
I am starter, I am interested to learn ASP.NET, can any one please tell me the best site to start with.

G

If you have installed Microsoft .NET Framework SDK.. Go to

Start >> Programs >> Microsoft .NET Framework SDK >> Samples and QuickStart Tutorials.

G

Dear John,
Thanks alot.. The site is really good.
I started learning ASP.NET.
In "Web Forms User Controls" chapter, there is a section called "Creating User Controls Programmatically". When I run this, it is showing this error.

Login failed for user 'PRABU\ASPNET'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'PRABU\ASPNET'.

I tried all possibilities to correct this, but in vain. Please guide me.

G

Hi,
I have gone through your link, Please check the connection string and the database, whether the database MSDE or SQLServer exist. Then whether you have necessary permissions to access the database.

I think there is a problem in authentication. So, please use this connection string

SqlConnection myConnection = new SqlConnection("server=(local)\\NetSDK;database=pubs;Trusted_Connection=yes;User ID=PRABU;Password=XXXXXXX");

G

yah... now working.
Thanks

--
Thanks,
Prabu

John Paul. A said:
Hi,
I have gone through your link, Please check the connection string and the database, whether the database MSDE or SQLServer exist. Then whether you have necessary permissions to access the database.

I think there is a problem in authentication. So, please use this connection string

SqlConnection myConnection = new SqlConnection("server=(local)\\NetSDK;database=pubs;Trusted_Connection=yes;User ID=PRABU;Password=XXXXXXX");

Ask a Question