Temp Files

Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hiya,

I've got an APS server page which uses various .dll files from a folder on my c:\. I have a virtual directory set up on my server to point at this drive and the system seems to work fine until I make a change to Web.config.

Once I make the change and save the file I know that IIS refreshes the files in the ASP Temp Files folder however in my cast all these files are simply being deleted. When I try to view the asp page I get an error message like:
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'BhService'.

The only way I can get the service back up and running is to copy the dll from my c:\ into the ASP Temp Files folder, then once I try to use the asp page it works fine.

So my question is, is there any reason for IIS not being able to find this DLL on my local drive and why does copying it to the temp files folder solve the problem?

Thanks for any advice in advance,
Ross