template-id 'VISDictionary<const char *, VISNamedContainerTypeCode *>' used as a declarator

Discussion in 'C++' started by Gil, Dec 10, 2003.

  1. Gil

    Gil Guest

    Hope this is the right group to post to.

    I compiled C++ code that ran fine on Windows with VisualStudio 6.0.

    I then moved the code to Solaris 9 and compiled with g++, but am
    getting the following errors :

    In file included from corba.h:97,
    from code_ims_c.hh:13,
    from code_s.hh:11,
    from code_impl.h:18,
    from server.cpp:25:
    vtcimp.h:141: parse error before `;'
    vtcimp.h:142: template-id `VISDictionary<const char *,
    VISNamedContainerTypeCode *>' used as a declarator
    vtcimp.h:142: parse error before `;'
    vtcimp.h:191: parse error before `;'
    vtcimp.h:192: template-id `VISDictionary<const char *, VISEnumTypeCode
    *>' used as a declarator
    vtcimp.h:192: parse error before `;'
    vtcimp.h:214: parse error before `;'
    vtcimp.h:215: template-id `VISDictionary<const char *,
    VISUnionTypeCode *>' used as a declarator

    The header files that are generating the errors are CORBA header files
    for Borland Enterprise Server.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Gil, Dec 10, 2003