TERM environment variable not set.

Joined
Jul 20, 2023
Messages
56
Reaction score
2
I started getting this error quite a while ago in pycharm only. Cant quite pinpoint what else may have caused it. I for the most part just continued to work around it. Before the error started coming up it worked perfectly. What brings it up is my clear_screen function. It works fine if I just run the file in terminal and it also runs good in VS Code but only in Pycharm does this error pop up. And for reference I am running Linux Mint. Heres the clear screen code.
Python:
import os

def clear_screen():
    if os.name == 'nt':
        os.system('cls')  # For Windows
    else:
        os.system('clear')  # For other platforms like macOS and Linux

Joined
Dec 10, 2022
Messages
73
Reaction score
22
What's the error? If it's pycharm only, kind of sounds like a path issue.

Last edited: