Test::Unit non-auto-run test case?

Sean O'Dell

I'm getting a handle on the Test::Unit library, and the
automatically-running test case example was extremely simple to get
running, but now I want to switch my test cases to something
less-automatic so I can invoke the tests I want programatically.

I've seen this example:

require 'test/unit/testsuite'
require 'tc_myfirsttests'
require 'tc_moretestsbyme'
require 'ts_anothersetoftests'

class TS_MyTests
def self.suite
suite = Test::Unit::TestSuite.new
suite << TC_MyFirstTests.suite
suite << TC_MoreTestsByMe.suite
suite << TS_AnotherSetOfTests.suite
return suite
end
end
Test::Unit::UI::Console::TestRunner.run(TS_MyTests)

.... but it makes little sense to me in the context of the classes I have
defined (which are all derived from Test::Unit::TestCase).

If I don't require 'test/unit' then I get an error message which says
"undefined superclass `TestCase'", telling me that Test::Unit::TestCase
is defined in 'test/unit'. If I require that file, the tests all run
automatically. If I don't, I get an error message.

So ... what am I missing? I can't find any documentation on this and my
usual battery of trial-and-error attempts aren't leading me forward.

Sean O'Dell

Sean O'Dell

Geez, my code was failing for one stupid typo that didn't syntax error
but instead caused my TestSuite class to not properly build the
self.suite array return value. So, uhm ...

HEY WHAT'S THAT UP OVER THERE! LOOK!

/runaway

Sean O'Dell