Test::Unit

Mohammad Khan

------=_Part_22596_15329673.1131468854401

Hello,

Would anybody please mention some link to start play with Test::Unit
There isn't anybook on Unit Testing with Ruby so far, right?

thanks,

------=_Part_22596_15329673.1131468854401--

Gregory Brown

Would anybody please mention some link to start play with Test::Unit
There isn't anybook on Unit Testing with Ruby so far, right?

Chapter 12 of Programming Ruby, Version 2 is about unit testing.

There is an interesting test-first challenge at:
http://groups.google.com/group/Ruby-Test-First-Challenge?lnk=3Dli

though they are still working out proper style

There is also the API documentation for Test::Unit
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/test/unit/rdoc/classes/Test/Unit.html

The best bet is to read the tests in some of the well known ruby
appications though. You should be able to learn a lot that way.

Look up ZenTest if you want to automate test generation.

Finally, I'm doing a talk on unit testing tomorrow night for my local
Ruby users group.
I will be posting the slides online and will let the board know when
they are available.

HTH

-Greg

pat eyler

Would anybody please mention some link to start play with Test::Unit
There isn't anybook on Unit Testing with Ruby so far, right?
[good suggestions elided]
Look up ZenTest if you want to automate test generation.

two articles you might like:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7776

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/os-dw-os-ruby1-i.html
Finally, I'm doing a talk on unit testing tomorrow night for my local
Ruby users group.

That's great! Which Ruby Brigade do you belong to?
I will be posting the slides online and will let the board know when
they are available.

That's even better.

James Britt

Lou said:
at least your RUG runs on ruby. Get this, our RUG in MI runs on...
wait for it... PHP!

http://www.rubymi.org/index.php?title=Southeast_Michigan_Ruby_Users_Group

I swear I am not making this up and this is not a joke. Er, it wasn't
supposed to
be a joke, but you can laugh if you want. I know I am.
We do things a little differently here in Michigan.

Well, try not to feel to bad. There are a few well-known Ruby sites
that are using PHP under the hood.

There is a lot to be said for eating your own dog food, but sometimes it
just isn't practical.

James

http://www.30secondrule.com - Building Better Tools

Gregory Brown

Before we opened it up to the whole community, the University of New
Haven Ruby Brigade was running PHPBB2

We initially were setting up Joomla! (other PHP beast) for new_haven.rb
but found instiki much easier to deal with :)

Jeff Wood

------=_Part_23376_27837867.1131481580837

I'm still trying to get better Ruby support from
1and1.com<http://1and1.com>... they're very "static" in their
thinking.
"sorry, we don't provide it ... rent a server and set it up yourself"...
j.

--
"http://ruby-lang.org -- do you ruby?"

Jeff Wood

------=_Part_23376_27837867.1131481580837--

Jeff Wood

------=_Part_26445_15932710.1131494135359

Anybody else have any feedback on good ruby hosts?

j.

Dreamhost works great for me. Though TextDrive seems to be the ruby
host of choice.