TestFixtures 1.8.0 Released!

Chris Withers

Hi All,

I'm very happy to announce the first fully-documented release of
TestFixtures, my collection of testing fixtures and helpers that I've
been collecting for the last couple of years.

Along with my own take on a lot of the common fixtures and helpers, it
has some bits that I haven't seen anywhere else and so would like to
point out:

- Comparison objects for comparing objects that don't natively support
comparison:

http://packages.python.org/testfixtures/comparing.html#comparison-objects

- Helpful mock objects for when you want to test code that makes use of
datetime.datetime.now, datetime.date.today or time.time:

http://packages.python.org/testfixtures/datetime.html

- Helpers for capturing and checking messages logged from your code
using the python logging framework:

http://packages.python.org/testfixtures/logging.html

- Helpers for working with temporary directories in tests. In
particular, quickly and easily creating temporary directories and
files within them and making assertions about things written to them
by the code under test:

http://packages.python.org/testfixtures/files.html

There's plenty more in there too!

Please do let me know what you find useful, if you find any bugs or if
there are any features you'd like to see added.

The package is on PyPI and a full list of all the links to docs, issue
trackers and the like can be found here:

http://www.simplistix.co.uk/software/python/testfixtures

cheers,

Chris