TestFixtures 1.8.0 Released!

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Withers, Jan 14, 2011.

  1. Hi All,

    I'm very happy to announce the first fully-documented release of
    TestFixtures, my collection of testing fixtures and helpers that I've
    been collecting for the last couple of years.

    Along with my own take on a lot of the common fixtures and helpers, it
    has some bits that I haven't seen anywhere else and so would like to
    point out:

    - Comparison objects for comparing objects that don't natively support
    comparison:

    http://packages.python.org/testfixtures/comparing.html#comparison-objects

    - Helpful mock objects for when you want to test code that makes use of
    datetime.datetime.now, datetime.date.today or time.time:

    http://packages.python.org/testfixtures/datetime.html

    - Helpers for capturing and checking messages logged from your code
    using the python logging framework:

    http://packages.python.org/testfixtures/logging.html

    - Helpers for working with temporary directories in tests. In
    particular, quickly and easily creating temporary directories and
    files within them and making assertions about things written to them
    by the code under test:

    http://packages.python.org/testfixtures/files.html

    There's plenty more in there too!

    Please do let me know what you find useful, if you find any bugs or if
    there are any features you'd like to see added.

    The package is on PyPI and a full list of all the links to docs, issue
    trackers and the like can be found here:

    http://www.simplistix.co.uk/software/python/testfixtures

    cheers,

    Chris

    - http://www.simplistix.co.uk